Fall RFP 2018 Deadline
Dec 31, 2018
Dec 31, 2018
Posted by Friends of FSH Research on Oct 5, 2018
Friends of FSH Research is a Seattle-based non-profit that has been investing in FSHD research for over 14 years (See grants). Our mission is to ultimately find a treatment or cure for FSHD. To achieve our mission we work with a network of scientists and advisors to evaluate proposals and to fund those we feel best support our mission.
Friends of FSH Research has opened our October Request for Proposal process. Applications are due December 31, 2018 by 11:59 PM PT. Grants will be announced in February 2019.
We welcome all innovative project ideas or funding needs that move us closer to a treatment or cure for FSHD. Our current priorities include:
1. Biomarkers - Projects focused on biomarkers or methods of detection that will help determine the appropriate time to treat a patient with a therapeutic compound or test a patient's response to a therapeutic compound.
2. Clinical Trial Support – Funding needs that support the development of a worldwide clinical trials network to support eventual approval of therapies aimed at treating or curing FSHD.
3. DUX4 Mechanism - Innovative pilot projects focused on developing our understanding of the initiation, progression, and ultimate destruction of muscle in FSHD patients.
4. Ongoing Programs - Funding for an ongoing program which needs additional support to proceed. This may include professional dedicated laboratory staff, outside contractors, administrative/program management support (directly related to research), consultants (e.g. regulatory advisors), equipment etc. Justification for this support must be provided and will be considered in terms of our mission.
5. Novel Therapeutics - Seed funding for novel therapeutic approaches to treat FSHD.
We are currently prioritizing areas not only by the above list, but also where we feel there is the highest unmet need. Therefore, projects will be also be judged based on the extent to which they meet needs not adequately being addressed elsewhere.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, the first step is contact us at ProgressReports@fshfriends.org to share a brief scope of your proposal, and how it is relevant to our mission and priority areas.
If this is your first time interacting with our organization, you will need to share with us your background and the background of key personnel that will be involved in your project.
Upon review and acceptance of the intent of the proposal, you will then be required to submit a full proposal as outline on our website.
Remember, applications are due no later than 11:59 PM PT (Seattle) on December 31, 2018.
To view the full application instructions click here.
To initiate the process with our Scientific Advisors, e-mail ProgressReports@fshfriends.org.