Posted by Friends of FSH Research on Jun 17, 2019
Friends of FSH Research is pleased to announce our next request for grant proposals to help the advancement of FSHD research. The deadline for submission of proposals is midnight Seattle time, August 31, 2019. Funding decisions should be announced by late October after review by our Scientific Advisory Board. Our areas of interest include:
- Biomarkers - Projects focused on biomarkers or methods of detection that will help determine the appropriate time to treat a patient with a therapeutic compound or test a patient's response to a therapeutic compound.
- Clinical Trial Support – Funding needs that help the development of a worldwide clinical trials network to support eventual approval of therapies aimed at treating or curing FSHD.
- FSHD Mechanism - Innovative pilot projects focused on developing our understanding of the initiation, progression, and ultimate destruction of muscle in FSHD patients.
- Ongoing Programs - Funding for an ongoing program which needs additional support to proceed. This may include professional dedicated laboratory staff, outside contractors, administrative/program management support (directly related to research), consultants (e.g. regulatory advisors), equipment etc. Justification for this support must be provided and will be considered in terms of our mission.
- Novel Therapeutics - Seed funding for novel therapeutic approaches to treat FSHD.
Among the various criteria, and depending on the subject of the grant, the Scientific Advisory Board typically reviews proposals based on:
- The design of the research
- Supporting preliminary data
- Other research support
- Past grant record with our organization, if any
- The capability of lab
- Willingness to share materials
We welcome any interested researcher to first submit a brief one to two paragraph summary of the scope of the project to ProgressReports@fshfriends.org. This will be reviewed by one or more members of our SAB, which may include queries for clarification. If the proposal aligns with our areas of interest, then a full application should then be submitted, as outlined on our website: Apply for a Grant.
Please direct all queries and submissions to ProgressReports@fshfriends.org.
Connect with us on social media